Sunday, January 5, 2014

Today's walk report: 010514

For the birds.*


Yesterday I bitched a little about my left ankle hurting toward the end of my walk. I want to thank everyone for the cards, letters and kind messages you left, it's very heartening to know so many people care.

I realized later what happened. It was much earlier in the day, I merely misstepped on a flagstone in my front yard and came down on the outside of my foot thus tweaking my ankle. I felt that, it hurt a little but I didn't imagine it resulted in a slight sprain. Why it didn't manifest as a problem until the end of my walk is puzzling but that's the only thing I could imagine having caused this and I saw my ankle was indeed slightly swollen when I went to take a shower last night. Anyway, I put a FUTURO™ Wrap Around Ankle Support on it and was fine for my walk today.

I didn't push it though.

It was warm and windy, there was nothing exciting happening. The walk was great though and so was the music.

I kept going without much hesitation and popped off a few mediocre pics of birds.

 Dark-Eyed Junco.


Common Starling (Sturnus vulgaris) and I'll assume the rest in the row are variations on that basic theme.


That's about it.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment