Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Today's walk report: 012814

Color lights can hypnotize...

There were some mysterious visual disturbances today for about 1 km 1/2 way or so into the walk. It's hard to describe stuff like this but the sunlight seemed overly bright and rather strobe-like, almost a flickering, along with a little bending. I was wearing sunglasses, the same ones I always wear. I thought at 1st it was perspiration pooling up on the rims of the glasses and light refracting off of that--but it wasn't. Stuff like this happens and if you freak out it only exasperates the situation and naturally there's a certain amount of confusion combined with questioning, you just have to keep it in check. I seemed fine otherwise. I've experienced hallucinations, visual disturbances like this in my life so I could understand it. I also know what it's like to pass out, I wasn't going there. I took an inventory and decided I was okay. Still.. strange. It went away. I actually sped up during the process, not wanting to conk out where I was. Funny though, about midway through the episode Led Zeppelin's Dazed and Confused from the album How the West Was Won started playing. That's not the 1st track on the album but it was 1st to come up--appropriately timed on my iPod. It's a 25:25 blowout version too. Funny, 25... for you Zep fans,you'll get the "25" connection.

Moving along...

Photos, more of the same sort of game plan as yesterday. In part this is due to the ease of going out with just a 60 mm macro lens and not bothering with the weight and overall encumbrance of a long lens and other accouterments. I enjoy shooting with this lens and it went over well yesterday. It also makes me focus on defining my subject, it's more cerebral in that way.

Once again starting with the red cosmos (Cosmos bipinnatus) outside the front door and now fully open.


Purple alyssum, off the driveway.


Another "inside rose." I really like the contours of the petals and we don't usually get this close unless to lean in for a smell and then we close our eyes don't we? It's certainly not in this sort of focus anyway.


No ID. I shot this flower last year too.


This is in abundance in large planters on campus. No ID. Again, I shot it for shape.


Tagetes lemmonii, aka, Copper Canyon daisy.


This is rotated 90ยบ counterclockwise, I like it better this way. I shot it like this. The curator of the garden told me what this was, it just went in a few days back but I've forgotten. These are tiny flowers.


Delosperma ice plant, I kid you not, it's that brightly pink.


Bee on some type of Grevillea.


About 2 km past my little episode, this EMT is waiting for me atop the hill. I only waved. This guy comes up here frequently around sunset.


So ends my little drama and hopefully nice pictures for you. I'm having a delicious salmon dinner right now and I shared a bit with Lucy T. Cat. I think part if not most of my issue today was being tired and also I went to bed and woke up this morning with an eyestrain headache. Maybe it was the clam chowder I had for lunch. So enough of this, I'm going to relax now. All in all, the 8.79 km walk was great. I skipped the optional sunset once again because of the circumstances but I'm fine now there was just 6-7 minutes there where I was visiting don Juan Matus.

No comments:

Post a Comment