Monday, June 24, 2013

Today's walk report: 062413

10% chance of rain tonight.

Or so they say. If there's any weather condition I really look forward to it's rain. Whatever the outcome, cloudy skies today made for a productive day in the yard. Temps were in the low 70s.

As far as the walk went it was a typically fast Monday boogie, same 8.79 km as usual.

I did pause for a picture of this menacing looking beast of an insect. This large black wasp, which just happens to be called, Large Black Wasp (Chalybion californicum), has this intimidating sort of nervous looking twitching behavior which made my hovering the camera 8" above the thing challenging. It took off right after this shot. I went the other direction.


Here's a little video I did in March of 2011 of a snail in the rain. Yes, it's as exciting as it sounds. The music is a piano exercise by Béla Bartók.


No comments:

Post a Comment