Friday, November 15, 2013

Today's walk report: 111513

What a difference a day makes.

Yesterday we had a high here of 92.2º, today's high was 68º. Tomorrow we have a 20% chance of rain. I preferred walking in the cooler clime.

Aloe flower... I forgot to get the name.


Sharp, sharper, sharpest.


Green lynx spider #1, eggs remain unhatched. Green lynx spider #2's eggs hatched on or about Oct. 19th.


More sharpness.


This shrub is pretty full now. It's about 4' tall and 8' in diameter. ID from my botanically minded sister,  Tagetes lemmonii, (aka Copper Canyon daisy).


This crow knows me. Its partner is directly across the street atop a pine tree. I've known these two crows for about 3 years now.


Almost sunset and I'm on my way home.


Just entering my street I noticed the hawk way up in the palm tree.


2 comments:

  1. I think the yellow-flowered shrub is Tagetes lemmonii (aka Copper Canyon daisy). It would probably do well in your front yard. Any news on the stray cat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you on the ID and tip! Nothing on the cat. I drove over, went up and down the street a couple of times (apparently looking suspicious) and parked for awhile. I had dry food with me but didn't want to leave it on the street to attract unwanted varmints.

    ReplyDelete