Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Today's walk report: 110613

She's out walking again!

But first... I had a conversation with a friend of mine today about this. 4 used toilets in front of this house on the "hell strip." They've been sitting there for almost 1 month now. I was addressing the grossness of this but also the ignorance. Part of what one pays for in one's Los Angeles Bureau of Sanitation charges is to have stuff like this picked up by the city on your regular trash pickup day. All you need to do is call 311 or go online and put in a request. I have to assume that these idiots (I have other reasons to call them idiots, trust me) have no idea that this is part of their "bulky" items services and are expecting someone to see their used toilets and want them. Why they have 4 old toilets too is beyond me. The house is about the size of this one and I have 1 & 1/2 baths. Bizarre.


A much more pleasant subject. I got a better picture of the cat I call Bow-tie Kitty, previously mentioned in this wr AND she let me pet her for the 1st time. Listen... life's simple pleasures, OK?


In Los Angeles I made friends with lots of people's pets on my walks, just a few cats, mostly dogs.


Finally, the excitement. I mentioned in this post that I missed seeing this one elderly lady who was part of many of my walks before my mother passed away in March. Well today she was back. I stopped to talk to her. I asked her if she remembered me. She did not and I didn't expect she would. I finally asked how old she was. 87! I don't know exactly where she lives but I've figured by plotting various points that she at least used to walk a good solid mile. She commented on how much she liked my bright orange shoes and she said she was pleased to meet me. As I said goodbye she raised her right fist into the air and declared, "I'm back walking!" We beamed smiles at each other.


No comments:

Post a Comment