Monday, September 23, 2013

Today's walk report: 092313

Summer's back!

After a couple nice days with a high yesterday of 82º and the day before never going beyond the upper 70sº, we were back into 90ºs today with a high of 95.2º. One sort of learns to expect high temperatures here well into October... sort of. 'Big delay getting out and that meant most of the walk took place on relatively dark streets. Besides never putting sidewalks in for the neighborhood just south of me, most streets here have very few street lights and many of those are 70's-style high pressure sodium (HPS) lights which have a yellow-orange glow and don't really put out a lot of light. They're also kind of creepy.

So... I dressed for the occasion. I also bring a Cree light and I'm not afraid to use it.










2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I don't see any triangles in these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my Sept., 25 post I was going to write, "how many rectangles can you find" on the image of the 3 birds.

    ReplyDelete