Sunday, September 22, 2013

Today's walk report: 092213

Large skepticism leads to large understanding. Small skepticism leads to small understanding. No skepticism leads to no understanding.
~Xi Zhi~


That quote has nothing to do with any of this.

Another nice walk with great music but not much to record for here.

On my sunrise, Labor Day walk I mention this canned coffee I picked up from a vending machine that made me nauseous for a short while. Lo and behold today I found this about 50 meters from the machine I used last time. I need to pay better attention. As little as $1 for a "gourmet" coffee too!

 
So that's on my list for the next A.M. walk and with fall officially beginning today at 1:44 PM PDT I think some A.M. walks are in my near future.

This is my old buddy. This particular red-tailed hawk has appeared here before. Here's the last time and here's the time before that.


However, this time I spooked it from a lamppost over to this tree and found out it had another interest going on up there. Down below there was this one, considerably smaller and it seemed obviously paired in some way. I know that Buteo jamaicensis are monogamous and also territorial so I'm assuming these two are family. Because of the size difference I'm going to also assume this one is offspring as opposed to a mate.


 Art parking...


No comments:

Post a Comment