Monday, September 9, 2013

Today's walk report: 090913

The music made it happen.

I wasn't going to post anything if I couldn't find this concert on YouTube, although I was about 99.87% sure I would. This music carried me through a walk I didn't really want to do and I'm thankful for this because it got my head clear. There were a few songs of other stuff before this but I heard most of this show by the time a got home. Not only had I not wanted to walk but I certainly didn't think I'd be walking for over 1.5 hours. Over 1/2 of that in the dark with my little Cree LED flashlight barely hanging in with battery power toward the end.

By the way, I saw several people walking, usually coming toward me on the other side of the street.  I saw them once they were about close enough to spit on. These are streets with little or no street lights. The street I live on also has no street lights and I for one like it that way. However, if you walk at night and there's any traffic but also for general safety and for crying out loud bring a flashlight.

This thing is 3.5" long and with a fresh AA battery it's super bright. Not only a great tool for being seen and avoiding potholes and debris it's probably a good tool for self defense. I've seen them advertised for that and I can understand why. The light is blindingly bright. It is, at the very least, disorienting in someone or some thing's face. Zombies included. You can pick these up on Amazon for less than $5, shipping included.


Here's the music... It's a bootleg. It's freely traded. If you like the band Genesis it's a must own. If you don't know anything about the band it's probably not a great start. If you know absolutely nothing about progressive rock music go do some Googling and open that door. If you think Justin Timberlake is really good music... I probably can't help you. During the day I was inspired to listen to works by Russian composers, Prokofiev, Borodin, Rimsky Korsakov, Tchaikovsky and Stravinsky. The only one of those who has made it to a walk with me is Stravinsky. I just thought I'd throw that in.


No comments:

Post a Comment