Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Today's walk report: 103013

Happy Halloween, 2013!

It's not like my old 'hood in Los Angeles but it's pretty fun, better than most of what I see around this Valley.


Bungee cord dude.
I don't know what the heck this is but it's creepy looking.


Old school decoration. This is what I remember here from childhood. The Headless Horseman's pumpkin head reminds me of Peanut's Sally for some reason.


This statue is always there. This yard is really run down and overgrown. I'm including this because it actually does creep me out.


Same house on the south end of the roof. Gargoyles, fitting for Halloween but this is mostly for my sister who recently disclosed in her blog that she's got a thing for gargoyles and dragons. I did not know this.


This is more impressive looking than the picture reveals. I would have found a better angle except the people living there were working on more decorations and I didn't really feel like pausing long enough to get into an explanation for the photography.


This house has a lot of stuff hanging up inside this tree which might look cool if they have some lights up there but I didn't notice any.


Same tree... I wonder if they left the price cards on some of these so they could try and return them after Halloween.


A flock of crows flying overhead, very nice, who arranged that? There were about 12 of them.


Lots of people had these happy ghosts.


Four of these at this house. I have to wonder where people put this stuff after the holiday. This is also the semi-famous Candy Cane Lane so there's a bunch of Christmas stuff stashed away too.


Reminds me of Russell Brand, I think it's the hair. Maybe the open mouth too.



Another friendly character-style common on the route.


The Pumpkin King.


Jack Skellington.


The door man.


Slam dunk witch.



"Twick or tweet."


Kicking back.


Another regular fixture in the neighborhood. Somehow this house got licensed as a home for the elderly.


The 1/2 way point. I decided to cut the walk short too. Although brief, stopping to snap pictures makes the walk harder for me. I tend to stiffen up. I took a picture of this inflatable Dracula before but I also wanted to point out my favorite tree. That's some type of Bauhinia (Orchid tree) I don't believe I had ever seen these before coming back to this Valley.


Looks Simpson's-like
.

Then some people just put a pumpkin on the front porch and forget about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment