Sunday, October 6, 2013

Today's walk report: 100613

I have the power of invisibility!

If you're old enough to remember the television series Soap (ABC, 1977 to 1981), you might also recall a string of episodes where the character Burt Campbell, played by Richard Mulligan, believed that he could make himself invisible by snapping his fingers. I'm not sure what mechanism activates my invisibility but it is clear to me now that I have this power. It might simply be my smiling and saying hello to people as I pass them on my walks that triggers it. I get nothing back, not even a nod or a wink. It doesn't always happen but it seems to happen more and more. Today I was 3 for 3, each time I passed a couple. The first two pairings were male/female and the last was female/female--not that this has any bearing on my invisibility, I'm just pointing it out. Sigh... I wish I could harness this power for good.

The full cast of Soap, 1977.
By the way, if you've never seen Soap, I highly recommend it. The episode where Bob Campbell gets drunk with the guys in a bar is hysterical. Although it is highly probable I was smoking copious amounts of cannabis at the time.

Bob Campbell is the short guy on your left.
 Onto the walk.

Sorry if this spider is getting boring but I liked this picture for one. It's a 4-image focus stack. Two, I wanted to show how much more robust the spider has gotten. Here 's a shot from the 1st day I found it.


Besides, I don't have much stuff to offer today.

I suspect this might be in the Rose (Rosaceae) family. It was just in front of the spider so I did a 4-image stack on this too.


This is definitely a rose (6-image focus stack). I see a lot of rose bushes are already rebounding from the summer heat. By the way, it hit 93.7ยบ here today. I hope that's the last of it. Right now we have a forecast of 30% chance of some rain for Wednesday. That would be groovy.


One more rose. 3-stacked images.


Onto the sunset. This is where I saw one of the couples. The guy was already taking pictures when I got to the top of the hill. I said something to him about it always being a nice place to catch the sunset or some pleasantry close to that. He had a look on his face as though he had been startled by some sort of apparition. No, it was only me... invisible.


2-image stack.


Another prog-rock band I like out of Germany, RPWL and a song called Roses. It's a simple, pop-catchy tune but I like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment