Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Today's walk report: 021114

Wrong turn.

I walked with my sweet and adorable companion again today thinking I had the proper route mapped out in my head into Corbin Canyon Park. CCP, as the crow flies, is just 3.1 km (1.93 miles) from home base. However, since we're not crows, the walk is 4.68 km (2.91 miles.)

I had forgotten the detour one needs to make to get to the park, there's a zig-zag. I'm used to making zig-zags but this one simply slipped my mind. Despite that, we had a really wonderful 7.5 km or 4.67 mile walk on a beautiful day with close to 80ยบ temps.

I have the route written down now, so... next time.


The Bothwell Ranch orange grove, just past this we should've made a left but instead we went straight. The Bothwell Ranch is the largest independent orange grove left in Southern California, a mere 14 acres, a fraction of the some 15,000 acres of orange groves this valley boasted of just 75 years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment