Sunday, February 16, 2014

Today's walk report: 021614

Sunday double header.

Say what?!?


That's right, starting with a very quiet late A.M. matinée walk to the garden...

Gulf Fritillary or Passion Butterfly (Agraulis vanillae) on Lantana.


I named these two Eric and Docken.


Then there were the turtles again. Which one is Yertle?


These two, I named Eric and Docken.


Unknown moth on Tagetes lemmonii.


This is an unknown, I'll ID later, I promise. These flowers are tiny. Shot at 300 mm with a Canon 500D close-up lens.


Some variety of Banksia, an Australian native.


More Tagetes lemmonii.


Possibly a Wrentit. There were 4 of them, drove me nuts trying to get a shot off.


The mallards flew in midway into our visit. I named them Eric and Docken. It just seemed fitting.


Some aloe. I was testing how close I could get without a Canon Speedlite 430EX II.


Bee on Cistus x hybridus, aka, White Rockrose.


More Cistus x hybridus.


Delosperma cooperi.


Special request from Docken.


Back home from walk #1 and another Docken request. This rose bush has always been in front of my house it's almost 60 years old.


Walk #2...

We decided to do an early evening walk to catch the sunset.

As it turned out, most of our entertainment came from these two calves way down below the hillside we were sitting on. They were frolicking quite a bit but the real fun came when they both took off after a nearby gaggle of geese which were grazing in the same field. It was a lot funnier than you might imagine.



Sorry about the picture quality but I wasn't anticipating something like that.

Meanwhile... not the most spectacular sunset but we enjoyed it.



No comments:

Post a Comment