Saturday, May 4, 2013

Today's walk report: 050413

Lots of hummingbirds today. But first I want to convey an important message about bees. Bees are dying off in huge numbers. The bee in this picture is dying. It made me a little sad but at least it has a nice comfortable bed to die on. I was in the garden for about 40 minutes today and this bee never left this spot. Now, maybe for this one its time had come but I see struggling bees all the time lately and we need to do something. What other coutries are already starting to do is to ban a certain class of pesticides, neonicotinoids, as a precautionary measure. Watch the video I'm linking under this image, please. This problem is a worldwide crisis. Thank you.


Allen's Hummingbird (Selasphorus sasin)
Allen's Hummingbird (Selasphorus sasin)
Anna's Hummingbird (Calypte anna)
The only one I saw today.
Allen's Hummingbird (Selasphorus sasin)
Allen's Hummingbird (Selasphorus sasin)
Some camera shy yellow bird, I'm not going to bother trying to ID.

No comments:

Post a Comment