Friday, February 21, 2014

Today's walk report: 022114

Skipping days and purple haze.

For the most part I've been really consistent in my devotion to posting something (almost anything) regarding my daily constitutional since April 19, 2013. I made some effort to explain this here that very day. Recently things have changed and the report has taken somewhat of a back seat to the new found significance of having a walk companion. I don't know exactly how to convey the importance of this new found love nor do I care to. I'm just making a rather insufficient excuse for why I've been skipping days. I haven't been skipping walks though, I've just got company and the compulsiveness of finding subject matter for every walk is now dwarfed by the magnitude of what's really going on. Yes, it's love in the third degree.

Today was another 1st. Docken also brought a camera along. It's my Canon T3i and the sensor is a mess but it's still good to learn with and she seems to be having fun. I've got a camera buddy! See two contributions below.

Onto the photos...

Carpenter bee and honey bee.


Blue hibiscus, Alyogyne huegelii


Docken's Palo Verde shot.


You may use your imagination.


Docken's bunny creation...


Female Anna's hummingbird.


This prairie falcon (Falco mexicanus) is now the regular here at sunset, displacing a pair of crows I've seen for 3 years.


Purple haze...


and sunset.


Thanks for joining us!

1 comment: