Saturday, August 24, 2013

Today's walk report: 082413

Eric and the arachnid.

There was a young couple acting sort of lovey-dovey in the garden today and it kind of cramped my style. Not much happening on the photo front either except for this spider find. I unfortunately lost it after I moved the bog sage (Salvia uliginosa) spire around a little too much.

My guess on this would be a green lynx spider (Peucetia viridans) but I'm open to alternate suggestions. It seems to have most of the qualifications except... it's not very green, at least not as green as those I'm seeing online. 'Could be another type of lynx spider though. Also, it appears as though it might have been carrying some eggs, at least in the 1st shot. I dunno... you decide, I'm tired.

EF-S60mm f/2.8 Macro on all of these.


A little chromatic aberration, yeah I see it.


This one is a 6 image focus stack. The image was vertical. It was too goofy to look at like that.


Lastly, a red-eared slider turtle I thought was going to continue on right up my pants leg. While very accustomed to people (maybe too much so), they don't usually do that.




No comments:

Post a Comment