Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Today's walk report: 080613

Another 4 inning walk?

I think I wrote once before that my 8.26 km, Mon-Thurs, walk went on for 4 innings of a Dodgers' game but if I don't get my act together on the keyword thing here I'm going to be hopelessly lost in trying to backtrack stuff. That's one of the reasons I bother doing this by the way. This blog has a certain journal aspect to it, uninspired as it may be. Anyway, during the walk I also predicted I was going to miss 4 innings. There's no clock in baseball.

What I was going to write about was foot problems, sort of clinically and try to be helpful to someone else perhaps who suffers foot pain. I always walk with some level of foot pain. I can't even imagine what it would be like for there not to be pain. I've got issues with my feet up to and including my ankles. However, I don't have the energy to discuss this now. Another time. I need to relax. I have to get up early. Dodgers lost btw, broke a historic winning streak from happening on the road.

Thanks for stopping by.


P.S. Things did not go as planned today I was literally stopped in my tracks early this morning over the news that musician George Duke passed away. I once had the privilege to sit with Mr. Duke at a So. Cal. club in the mid-70s and have a delightful chat. I was at a concert of his with friends of mine. George came over to our table and sat with us during his break. A sweetheart of a man and a fantastic musician. He will be missed.


2 comments:

  1. Maybe you refer to the April 24 walk report? Search with Google using the site: command to restrict the search to your domain.

    I can see the notion of " journal" fitting with a blog that publishes every day. With my rate of publishing on Mixed Meters down to 3 times per month I'm sticking with the image of "autobiography". After almost. 8 years I often find old posts about things I did/saw/thought but have since forgotten about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks David. No, it's not 0424 but that's a good search idea. I thought there was a walk where I made mention of how many innings passed in the game while out and it was 4. I'll look.

    8 years is a long time and you've done well. I don't know what kind of recognition you get but I, for one, really look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete