Monday, May 27, 2013

Today's walk report: 052713

Technical difficulties...

I had taken 543 pictures out and about the house today and didn't really think much about the last few being really bad. I guess what had crossed my mind was, "it's a fluke." Through the lens, everything appeared fine. But the 358 photos during my walk proved it was no fluke since they were all wasted. I didn't see I was getting an error because I look though the viewfinder, not at the LCD. When I got home, after my heart sunk looking at my pictures, I saw I was getting a "shutter" error 30 and the instructions from Canon are turn the camera on and off or take the battery out and if that doesn't fix it then you need to send it in to Canon. Starting that process I find... $204 (plus shipping I'll assume) and maybe it'll cost more?!? Plus I have to worry about recycled products, etc...


The camera is about 4 months shy of its 2nd birthday so... distressing. I decided to take the battery out, fully charged it and ran another test... the problem persisted. Of all things I took the lens off and gave it an internal blast of compressed air from about 9" away. I'm not even sure why I chose to do this but I did. There's a huge improvement and I no longer get the error but  I still see some distortion.  RATS! (not my 1st choice of words.)

This is an adjusted image, since the shutter was staying open too long among whatever other crap was/is going on everything is overexposed. The marks which look like water drops are the same type of distortion which is still happening just to a much lesser degree. I might have to live with this for awhile and... fix it in post.


One noteworthy event on the walk and then I'm going to sulk over my camera...

This is a grasshopper struggling, drowning even, in the small dedication pond in the garden...


This is the same grasshopper shaking himself off after I scooped him out with one of the plant markers nearby...


If there are any good karma points for doing that please apply them directly to my Canon T3i camera. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment