Friday, December 30, 2022

Today's walk report: 123022

 This was another lumbar spine therapy walk and I'm not going to write much because, on that front the walk was very successful and the chair I'm currently sitting in is rather counterproductive to any of the lingering benefits.

It was drizzling. Weather dot com was not at all helpful in planning this excursion. For the most part, my camera was tied up in a plastic grocery bag hanging from my left shoulder down to my right hip via a Black Rapid camera sling. That's not an endorsement.

After some careful investigation I'm about 92% sure this is the male Calypte anna hummingbird known as Dusty. The thing is, I didn't spend much time with him and he was somewhat outside of his normal hang. This is also an area where I have frequented his nemesis, perched on this very Caesalpinia gilliesii shrub about 30 yards north of Dusty's typical hangout. Notice the tiny drizzle drops falling in the pictures.




From this point I put most of my effort into walking; briskly. This is the windshield on my car shot from the interior once I made it back to the parking lot.


This is another angle, slightly out of focus with a modest gradient overlay.


Chance of rain was supposed to be 4%.

On the way out of the parking lot I spotted this red-tailed hawk on a lamppost in the road median. It was dark and gloomy. I tried.





Right now, I wish it would rain down, down on me...



2 comments:

  1. Stunning images of Dusty. Truly lovely lighting. Your hawk is beautiful, too. Neato on the wonderful windshield shots. Raindrops. Glorious raindrops. Can't take my eyes off of the first one. Sort of, "astronomical observation-like". Absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am 99.9999% that’s Dusty . Perhaps we should name his nemesis 😎 Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete