Friday, December 23, 2022

Today's walk report: Dinosaurs in the Valley

December, 23, AKA, almost Christmas.

Live and in person, Docken and I went for a walk together today. That's right, you heard right, the secret words for tonight are, walkin' with Docken. It was the same basic, yet somewhat abbreviated walk as of late but today we were together again. 

Not to bum out much of the US but... it was sunny and about 75ºF for most of this. This grab from weather dot com was snatched a couple of hours post the walk.

There weren't a lot of photo ops. This common raven, I would bet money this is the raven I first photographed here


We walked around a bunch and mostly commented on how many things had changed on the campus. Then we drove up the hill and walked around a bit more. It was mostly fun being together.

Dinosaurs in the Valley. Um, I thought I would be able to avoid this word but I can't. We were outside the perimeter but our general impression was, this is pathetic. Especially considering the ticket price is $24.99 (Kids under 2, military and Vets are free). You decide.




What is that? Barney Rubble's workbench?








That's all. Time for company. 

I'm a dinosaur, somebody is digging my bones.



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for saving us $24.99! So glad you and Docken are hanging out together for Christmas! Merry Christmas to you both . PS It’s 28 degrees in NOLA. High today was 35. Baby, it’s cold outside !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect kids get a lot more out of a dinosaur exhibit than any of the ubiquitous light shows that charge even more. Public venues - and junior colleges - are struggling to survive these days.

    Merry Christmas and best wishes to you and Docken.

    ReplyDelete