Sunday, January 20, 2019

Today's walk report: 012019

Another fine day in L.A.

Right outside the front door, we have hundreds of tiny oxeye daisy buds showing. The fly is so tiny (about 3mm) I didn't even see it until I looked through the 300mm lens with a close-up lens attached. More on the adventures with wildflowers at home forthcoming.


Meanwhile in the nearby garden...

A cloudless sulphur butterfly on Eremophila 'Kalbarri Carpet'.


Our good friend, male Allen's, Rusty G. Alpha.


Win a fabulous no-prize, find the hummingbird...


Our favorite female Calypte Anna hummingbird...




This is the same male Calypte Anna hummingbird as depicted here yesterday. I think he's going to get the girl!


A flowering peniocereus serpentinus.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely pics! I found the hummingbird ...what’s my prize ? I especially like how Rusty managed to put himself in front of a background that accentuates his tones. He is SUCH a diva ....

    ReplyDelete