Sunday, December 15, 2019

Today's walk report: 121519

The strength of the moment lies with you.

I was tardy. I meant to leave about an hour earlier than I did. I don't know what happened. Upper 50ºs plus a nippy breeze. It's all relative.

Here are some photos.

When I was much farther away than this and was looking pretty much right into the sun, I thought this might have been an American Kestrel. I got a little excited because I haven't seen one for at least... well, let me look... A quick cursory search on my computer indicates I haven't taken a photo of an American Kestrel since January of 2015. That bothers me. I have reasons for it to bother me. However, I won't bother you with them. Anyway, turned out this is a young red tailed hawk (Buteo jamaicensis),


Some random milkweed and a random location.


And finally here are a few shots of the trusty Rusty G. Alpha (Selasphorus sasin). Winter plump?







Music taking me home was randomly accessed.

Tales from Topographic Oceans and it was side two (22:22 into the YouTube video)
"The Remembering (High the Memory)"
 But you should listen to the whole thing because you probably never have and never will otherwise.



No comments:

Post a Comment