Sunday, December 8, 2019

Today's walk report: 120819

Today (see yesterday) I looked at and trusted the weather.com hourly prediction which stated that I was in the clear on precipitation for at least a few hours. I even took the advice of a wise man who stated in an email to me this morning "to watch the animated maps on that website, using the ‘future’ setting." That showed the rain moving way north of me.

There were patches of blue sky and some sunshine was beaming down around me. But it wasn't going to last. The entire walk home, about 1.25 miles, I was getting poured upon. Nevertheless, for the most part, it was a really nice peaceful walk.

See the blue sky...


Only 10 minutes later...

It's getting gray again, was this turkey vulture an omen?

By this point I had circled the garden twice. I did not see a single hummingbird, I was looking for hummingbirds and it was starting to drizzle so I decided to leave. Standing under a palo verde tree on my way out I stopped to take this picture of one of its fallen flowers. That's when it started pouring. Total walk, 2.7 miles or 4.34 km.


Music was on shuffle. This song took me home...


1 comment:

  1. We got poured on here too - for about 3 minutes. You're clearly getting more of the rain than we are.

    ReplyDelete