Monday, March 10, 2014

Today's walk report: 031014

Tarzana Nursery.


Back in October 2012 I made a walk to the Tarzana Nursery which is .79 miles from home base as the crow flies and has been there at least 30 years but I never had much of an inclination to visit until then. Despite my disappointment finding them closed that day I hadn't made an effort to venture over again until today. It's about a 1/2 acre property, right in a residential neighborhood and is densely populated with plant life--almost jungle-like. It's not maintained as well as most commercial nurseries but seems to have some gems in the offering. I am, in fact, going back soon with a vehicle to pick up a Mallow, Lavatera maritima.

Here are some "quick shots." We didn't arrive until 4:20 PM and the curator seemed pretty anxious to close @ 5:00 PM asking us to leave at 4:45.

For the most part, nothing was labeled and I don't have IDs.


Wisteria

Mallow, Lavatera maritima.







Mallow, Lavatera maritima.
On our way home...



We named these two fruits, Eric and Docken, 'cause we're like that.




1 comment: