Saturday, April 27, 2013

Today's walk report: 042713

This is happening tomorrow until 4 PM which might cause a major re-route for me. It appears as though the campus is anticipating a lot of people. It was nice of the Fine Arts department to lend a hand on sign making.

Allen's hummingbird on red mountain sage. The sage is really dense, always tricky to get a nicely focused shot in there. This, even by my meager standards, is a rather weak hummingbird shot. But the red mountain sage and the bog sage next to it, which is about 1' behind and only starting to show signs of 1st buds, both play a really significant part in upcoming hummingbird activity. So I wanted to point this out. Even today in this really dense sage 3 or 4 hummingbirds all seemed to want to dominate the territory.


 Female Gulf Fritillary or Passion Butterfly (Agraulis vanillae) on verbena.


Grass skipper on verbena. I hadn't even noticed the grasshopper when I was shooting.


Opuntia parryi (I think.)


Oh, almost forgot this. For the 3rd time on a walk over the past 6-7 months, I found GREEN!





No comments:

Post a Comment