Sunday, April 21, 2013

Today's walk report: 042113

What a difference a day makes. This morning I noticed my left sock from yesterday and the post operation blood stain. I'll just say I must've over trimmed some aggravating callous inside of my little toe. Anyway, my foot was much happier today, thank you.

In the order they appeared...

Former spouse, or perhaps a neighbor???


Lots of tiny flowers, Common yarrow (Achillea millefolium.)


Teenage ladybug (pupa) on a catmint leaf (Nepeta.) Nepeta is a genus, with the common name catmints, of about 250 species of flowering plants in the family Lamiaceae. This particular catmint was tested on Luct the Cat last year and she only gave me an aggravated look like, why are you putting this in my face?


Aphid, maybe 3mm long. What can I say, that's a tiny little creature right there. Just wait until the ladybug is flying, buddy.


My red-tailed hawk friend photographed last for the walk report, 2/17/13. This time on top a street lamp about 25 yards away and about 12' higher from its previous location. I was also losing light here. Still fearless though. I walked all the way around this bird and it watched me but didn't seem bothered by my presence.



That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment