Monday, July 29, 2024

Yesterday's Buteo jamaicensis

 I just got around to looking at photos from yesterday. I don't think this is the same red-tailed hawk as the one I photographed on Saturday. Unfortunately I didn't get them from the same side profile. If this is a different bird I'm gonna assume they are siblings. Both birds are definitely young. This bird was directly across the road from the one yesterday. Approximately 50’ (15.24 m) apart. Young fledglings frequently spend time together and Red-tailed hawks tend to keep the same territory their whole life, although it can be close to 10 square miles in size. I'm going to keep an eye on this. I also suspect I know who their parents are. That would be the pair from April 6th in this post.






Compare?


There was a walk this morning a pretty decent one at that. I had an old golden retriever make friends with me and people seemed friendlier too. No pictures but plenty of music. Let's see, there was this...



1 comment:

  1. Regardless of which hawk that is, he or she has a fierce look in the eyes. I’ve always been impressed by what is communicated by the eyes.

    ReplyDelete