Friday, July 12, 2024

Today's walk report and a bumblebee

 A later in the morning weekday walk, joining in via phone for a walk and talk was Doc. Thank you Docken!

I've wanted to bring my "real" camera to take pictures of these but I never think of it until I'm upon them. These are phone photos. This is someone's front yard about .3 miles into the walk. The fallen flowers are from a Brachychiton discolor, AKA, a pink flame tree. Don't they look lovely against the rock ground cover? 



This bumblebee showed up while I was doing some light pruning on a Canary Island sage (Salvia canariensis) in my front yard a couple of days ago. I rarely see bumblebees (sadly) and I almost never seem to get very good pictures of them. These were okay. I was trying to get a hover shot. Next time.





Now playing...



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful bees! Here is my favorite version of, "High Hopes"...
    https://youtu.be/A_HvBDorpzE?si=13x7G5kXbw2_8LdT

    ReplyDelete
  2. One mo' fave... No Bumble... Merely Honey... https://youtu.be/lWimXsw7G9E?si=FAaF5SWwJ35AL6OB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like the flowers on rocks. You even take great phone pics !

    ReplyDelete