Saturday, July 27, 2024

Today's walk report: All the beauty that we see

 65º to 72º, a pleasant 2.75 mile walk. Here are some pictures taken along the way.

Always being greeted in the garden by a little bunny (desert cottontail (Sylvilagus audubonii)).

This is male Calypte anna hummingbird, Not Dusty. The tree is Caesalpinia cacalaco.






After a quick lap through the garden I began walking in earnest. I really felt a need to walk but I put the brakes on for this red-tailed hawk. I'm reasonably certain this is the same bird I took pictures of in this post.




The gang's all here! The sheep heading off on its own on your right. I could not figure out what was going on there. I thought, can that possibly be a dog? I didn't realize until I got home and looked at pictures full size that a few of the sheep had been recently sheared.

The captivating eyes of a pigeon. Pigeons have an impressive 340º view without moving their head. Try sneaking up on a pigeon, you'll see, they'll catch you every time,



Cassin's kingbird.


Heading back to my car I had already decided to walk a loop around the top of the hill.

Meanwhile, who's this wingnut?


 Up on the hill.

You've captured my heart.


All the beauty that we see
It's all there for us
You and me
And only with you can I see what it all means
Yeah, all the beauty that we see
It's surrounding us
You and me
Now I'm with you I can see what it all means

Bruce Soord - What It All Means (taken from the album Luminescence). It appears to be the only song from the album that I can't find on YouTube. Such is life.



1 comment:

  1. Some really excellent pics of Not Dusty in action. I was sitting in Central Park today watching a little kid chasing the pigeons. They do seem to have eyes in the back of their heads

    ReplyDelete