Sunday, January 22, 2023

Today's walk report: 012223

Here once again with some typical subjects but I noticed some things are sprouting new growth and despite a very cold (for SoCal, 31ºF is cold) start to my early morning, I'm thinking spring is just around the corner. Out the door at 43º, Docken joined me on the phone (thank you Dockie) and she got to hear all about how cold my hands were driving to the nearby college campus. My hands are still cold and it's almost 1:00, so I'm just going to post some pictures today and then go warm my paws. You know, my mother used to say, “cold hands, warm heart.” Nope, cold hands means dry, cracked and painful skin. 

Again, same old. Male Calypte anna hummingbird, Dusty. The distant hawk in the tree is the same red-tailed I took pictures of yesterday. The donkey I've known for over a decade... one of my friends.










Today was not a day for the ancient car worshipers. Instead it was a "Vintage Market" day, AKA, one person's garbage is another person's future garbage. But there was this guy...

 
From atop the hill.


Do the leaves of green stay greener through the autumn
Does the color of the sun turn crimson white
Does a shadow come between us in the winter
Is the movement really light



1 comment:

  1. I commend you and Dusty for embracing the cold! As always , your report is much appreciated. Anonymous Trey

    ReplyDelete