Sunday, May 29, 2022

Today's walk report: 052922

 Allow me to preface this with, Vote Blue No Matter Who. I did and you should too. And if you don't know why, well, then, maybe you should go back to school... think about that for a moment. Thank you.

It was a lovely day for a walk, low to mid 60ºs (let's say 17º C) and it was really quiet. Kinda quiet on the photo front too but here goes...

This guy was taking his tree for a drive.

Male Calypte anna hummingbird Dusty was hanging in his usual hangout, although now he's got the plus of abundant Salvia darcyi blooms.



and back to his regular perching spot.



This ground squirrel seemed quite proud of the perch it had found too.


And this murder of crows were very vocal in theirs. There were actually six crows that kept trading places.





Nearby, a female Calype anna was enjoying flowers on a Baja fairy duster (Calliandra californica).


I went to the top of the hill on the lookout for birds of prey but I didn't spot any. I didn't even see a mockingbird and there's ALWAYS a mockingbird. I did however hear one singing on my way out. I circled around one last time and felt sort of obligated to take a picture of something so, beautiful Agapanthus flowers it was.


 On the way home I swung by a house I commonly refer to as the Gargoyle House. I wanted a picture of the gargoyle mounted on the southern exposure. 


Bless the beasts and the children,
For in this world they have no voice,
They have no choice.
Bless the beasts and the children,
For the world can never be,
The world they see.
Light their way
When the darkness surrounds them;
Give them love, let it shine all around them.
Bless the beasts and the children;
Give them shelter from a storm;
Keep them safe;
Keep them warm.

Bless the Beasts and Children, Songwriters: Barry De Vorzon / Perry L Botkin
Performed by, The Carpenters

1 comment:

  1. This is Trey . I really enjoyed this wr, especially our friend Dusty and the murder of crows. I join you with a heavy heart from the week’s events but this beauty you share is a welcome respite from all the ugliness. Peace .

    ReplyDelete