Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Today's walk report: 021120

West Valley Nursery. Tarzana, CA.

It was only about 3.2 miles round trip but it was, nevertheless, a bit brutal. I'll skip the whiny details. However, aside from the physical side of things, on the more cerebral side, I was a bit bummed that my over the ear Koss headphones decided to go funky right above the 3.5mm jack less than 1/2 way into the walk. 

Anyway, my goal was accomplished. I didn't really want to walk home with any plants but I was prepared to if my primary motive could not be met. Way back on October 2, 2019 I ordered 70 Tithonia diversifolia seeds from Thailand via eBay. These are also described as Mexican sunflower. I got a notification within a day or two that they shipped but no method or tracking was provided. I waited and waited, two months went by and I asked for my money back. It was $4. I got that back but I wanted the seeds. I didn't want to call the nursery today and see if he had these because if he said no I might not have done this particular walk. He had them. 500mg for $2. It appears to be about 25 seeds. I'm going to start 3, indoors, in the next day or two. It's a large bush, up to 6' tall (2 meters) but I've seen images of plants that looked considerably taller. I didn't want to steal anybody's pictures but if you want to see some, here you go. Actually, just to be completely accurate here, the seeds I got are Tithonia rotundifolia, also commonly called, Mexican sunflower.

While I did take some time cruising the nursery, I didn't bother to take any photos. I wanted to keep going and here I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment