Saturday, February 1, 2020

Today's walk report: 020120

Burr, winter... burr... Just kidding, it's 85º.

It was 12:20 PM when I started taking pictures and that would not be my favorite light. Be that as it may, here are some pictures.

There were several house finches in this Eucalyptus "Moon Lagoon" and it appeared to me that they were pairing off.


A California scrub jay swooped in to see what all the commotion was about.


Silly rabbit.


This ground squirrel was wary of me but its “secret lair" is just to the left.


This ground squirrel surprised me with its chatter. Had I not seen him I would have thought it was a bird somewhere. Audio is below.


Here's the sound the squirrel was making. The background chirping is the finches. My apologies for other extraneous noises.


1 comment: