Saturday, February 4, 2023

Today's walk report: 020423

 This blog post is dedicated to someone I never met, however, it's someone who I know often saw pictures from this blog and I'm told she enjoyed many of them. This post is also dedicated to her son, my friend, Trey, who lost her, his mother, two nights ago. I can only hope I helped bring some beauty her way and for Trey that those moments added to fond memories of time spent with his mom. 

"There is no pain so great as the memory of joy in present grief."
~Aeschylus 

A familiar cast of characters. The male Calype anna hummingbird is, of course, Dusty. The black birds are European starlings. The sheep have moved farther down the hill. The air battle, I missed most of because they were behind a tree, was a bit different. I didn't realize until I got home that it was a common raven chasing off a turkey vulture. Docken joined me via phone for the walk. Thank you Dockie. She also gave me the time at the sundial. It was 9:46.

Here are the pictures.




 










Pulling the car into the driveway on the return home, I noticed one Osteospermum flower had opened. There are 15 Osteospermum plants I started under lights in a closet that I grew from seed. It probably cost me a lot more than going to a nursery and buying plants but there's something special about growing plants from seed. It's magical.



The rising spirit of the new 
I can look through the windows of their minds 
Why should we care about the means 
Our last goal is to reach the end



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the very nice tribute . My mom was a big fan of Dusty , as am I . Thanks as always for taking us along on your journey. Anonymous Trey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Condolences to Trey on the loss of his mother. Never easy no matter the circumstances or the age of the parent or the child.

    ReplyDelete