Sunday, April 24, 2022

Today's walk report: 042422

 Let's put it this way, at least I got out and did some walking.

Here are pictures taken along the way.

This female Calypte anna was being courted by a male. I didn't get a good enough look to determine whether or not it was our friend the male Calypte anna hummingbird known as Dusty.


Okay, I'm just going to pretend to ignore him.

No, wait... where the heck did he go?



As it turned out, Dusty was hanging out in his usual perch once I rounded the bend in the garden.





This male monarch butterfly (Danaus plexippus) was showing off nicely against the bush sunflowers (Encelia californica).




Over the past week the blue nolina (Nolina nelsonii) went into full bloom.


 That's all. The journey was short and rather rough around the edges. Once again my thanks to Docken for joining me over a cellular network. Meanwhile, this sums up a lot of the past week or so for me. I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.





1 comment:

  1. Those are some stunningly beautiful pics. Dusty looking especially dazzling !

    ReplyDelete