Saturday, July 31, 2021

Today's walk report: 073121

 Bright light, almost blinding...

7:00 A.M., sunlight was coming in smacking me right in the face. I can't begin to convey the disappointment I felt being unable to approach this Cooper's hawk (Accipiter cooperii) at a better angle. C'est la vie. I tried.



 Once in the garden, I went straight to look for male Calypte anna hummingbird, "Dusty." As soon as I entered his territory I saw him busy, busy, busy, chasing several Selasphorus rufus hummingbirds off his "lawn." Then he settled down for some photos.






Leaving the garden I noticed this mourning dove perched very close to where the red-tailed hawk was last week.




Hello... have we met before?


"I'm not sure but I don't suppose you have any almonds?"


"How about some whitening toothpaste?"

2 comments:

  1. His little gopher-hopes dashed upon the realization that the you were definitely not the legendary Almond Lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice.Dusty , like his predecessor, Rusty, has good camera presence. Of course , you do all the work !

    ReplyDelete