Saturday, May 29, 2021

Today's walk report: 053021

 I decided not to walk today due a persistent leg pain mentioned here, Today's walk report: 050821. I'm lining stuff up trying to find out what the deal is since it was diagnosed as a contusion and while I'm only a doctor when I'm on the Internet, I can categorically say, it's not a contusion. Anyway, I'm giving it a rest on a three-day weekend where I'd really like to visit the local botanical garden, since I figure that will be a ghost town. Maybe a drive and walk come Monday. which is Memorial Day. We'll see. I'm providing that link to Wikipedia thinking people outside of the U.S. won't know what Memorial Day is about. Don't worry, a scary number of Americans don't know either.

From my first walk of 2021, linked above, up through the walk I took yesterday, I've paused to take pictures of discarded face masks. It appears to be the street trash of the new decade. A couple of years ago I started taking pictures of fast food trash because there was so much (mostly McDonald's and I don't even know where the closest McDonald's is) but now it's face masks. Some of them even appear to have cost more than a couple of dollars. Here are several...






 I thought, if I started to lose count, this might come in handy.


 This one was displayed here before.

 And then, there's always an odd sock.


Another point to this entry. This is my first post on a new computer, something I didn't care to do but the writing was on the wall. After close to 10 years of use my mid-2011 iMac is about to go from ones and zeros to just zero. The only photo work on this post was in resizing images. I used Affinity Photo which I'm slowly but surely adapting to after using Adobe Photoshop for 22 years. I'm going to miss Photoshop but I will try and be diligent between The Gimp and Affinity Photo. These are all iPhone photos of dirty stuff so it hasn't entirely hit me yet. Blogger was also dying on the iMac due to Google's last update and my reluctance to out date other application software to keep up with Google by updating my OS beyond Apple's Yosemite (released in October, 2014).  In the words of Kurt Vonnegut... "So it goes". Death of a computing experience.

1 comment:

  1. When beings from other planets or galaxies come to explore Earth, they will know us by what we threw away.

    ReplyDelete