Sunday, January 5, 2020

Today's walk report: 010520

There was some apprehension over the condition my back was in so I started out in my car but still managed to walk a little over 2 miles.

Bunny kiss. It's a little like an Eskimo kiss only it's done by rabbits. They did this several times in my presence.



Seagulls. For me this means it's going to rain. It could take several days but I'll swear almost every time I see high flying seagulls in the winter, rain is on the way.


This is the closest I've ever been to a turkey vulture (Cathartes aura). I almost never see them perched and if I do it's usually high in a tree. This fence is only about 6' tall (1 meter). I thought maybe the bird was injured or sick but eventually saw it take flight. I'm a little over 25 ft. away here (7.7 meters).


1 comment:

  1. I hope you're right about the seagull sighting, Eric! I have to say I've never seen a turkey vulture before - it's impressive.

    ReplyDelete