Thursday, November 22, 2018

Today's walk report: 112218-Happy-Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving, 2018!

Last night we had .52" of much needed rain and that made for a really beautiful day and a wonderful walk. See for yourself...

Clouds and trees...


And clouds and crows...


A very cooperative male Anna's hummingbird...





And an equally cooperative male Allen's hummingbird. This is the same bird as seen in my previous walk report. Once I've taken pictures of the same bird a few times they usually get a name. There was an Allen's hummingbird in this same location for a couple of years that I named Rusty but then a second one showed up that I named "Not Rusty". Yes, I could tell them apart. Again today I saw two males but this one is the dominant Allen's in this territory. 







I hope you enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed as always ...whatever became of Eric and Docken Duck ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As impressed as I am that you can actually get great photos of the hummingbirds (a challenge I haven't come close to mastering), I'm even more amazed that you can identify them as individuals.

    ReplyDelete