Sunday, September 16, 2018

Today's walk report: 091618

It's been a long time since I did the stroll...

What can I say? Shit happens. The last walk to or around and nearby our botanical garden hang was on June 16, 2018. While the excuse for the most part is horribly hot days there was also that near death experience. I won't get into the details. Suffice it to say, I'm much better now. Anyway, we did a drive and walk today and even though the walking part was only a mere 2 miles it was kind of a big deal. Now I know, had the car been removed from the equation, I think I could have managed the extra 2 miles driving afforded us. So, next time.

Meanwhile, it was a beautiful morning and despite the garden having suffered miserably from this summer's heat there were some photos to be had...


Male, lesser goldfinch, Spinus psaltria.
The same bird on Salvia  darcyi.
Cactus flower.
Male Calypte anna hummingbird.
Female Selasphorus rufus hummingbird in a palo verde tree.
The same bird in a different part of the same tree.
Some type of agave flowering.
The same stalk as above in a portion with flowers open.
You've heard of the Fool on The Hill, here are a couple of asses on a hill.
Another ass hanging with some goats.
There were two of these black cats playing together. They were really big. I thought almost frighteningly big.



We saw several red tailed hawks. This is the same bird in different locations.




That's all, thanks for coming along. As side note trivia and something I learned today. The line that starts out this walk report, It's been a long time since I did the stroll, is from Led Zeppelin's song Rock and Roll. I can't even imagine how many times in my life I've heard that song but only today I found out that it's the Stroll and the Stroll is a dance from the 50s-60s that goes like this...


I'm a little more partial to the tune, that goes like this... It's got a good beat and I can dance to it!




 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad the two of you were able to get back out. Great photos as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always . Been a long time / been a long time / been a long lonely lonely lonely lonely lonely time...

    ReplyDelete