Saturday, May 11, 2024

Today's walk report: Kuppi is back

 On March 24th I wrote that I believed a Canada goose I photographed was the famous Kuppi from May of last year, 2023. Now I'm sure of it. She's currently back in her same nesting location, trying once again.



Not Dusty was hanging out on the alleged pistachio tree but he took off shortly after I raised my camera for a picture or two.


 Docken called in on the phone right after I spotted Kuppi and I decided to get going on some semblance of a walk. Thank you Docky! The weather and for that matter the air quality left a lot to be desired and I wasn't overly enthusiastic about finding photo ops. However, this mourning dove looked peaceful.

 



I only walked 1.2 miles, it's a long boring story. I'm also not too inclined to sit, write and assemble blog posts. Essentially, sitting and my lower lumbar are at great odds with one another. It's making me a little cranky.

Here are a few pictures from April 28th just to fill this out this post. That was an even shorter walk but as Docken and I always say, well, as Docken encouragingly says, at least you got out and tried

Not Dusty.

Just move a little and it's a very different mood.

A western fence lizard.


This is Mr. Kuppi. He's going to be hanging out by himself for awhile. She's moved on.

So savior it it's all gone - now she's moved on
(She's moving on)





1 comment:

  1. Nice tune. Speaking of moving on, I wonder what became of our old friend , Dusty? I miss the little fellow. Not Dusty is just ….not Dusty😕

    ReplyDelete