Sunday, June 18, 2023

Weekend walk report: Trees, Part II

 Back on January 30th, 2014, I took on an assignment of sorts, actually it was a suggestion I requested from Docken... what should I take pictures of on today's walk? The answer was "trees." That was winter trees, yesterday and today I ventured out to walk, observe and take pictures of trees for the tail end of spring. With almost 32" of rain this season. like much of the local flora the trees are coming on strong.

In the winter, trees are dormant, their leaves have fallen, and they appear to be lifeless. However, with the arrival of spring, trees come back to life. Their leaves begin to bud, their branches grow, and they produce new flowers and fruit.

Just as trees can withstand the harsh winter weather, humans can also withstand challenges and hardships. We may experience setbacks and disappointments, but we can always find the strength to persevere. Like trees, we can grow and flourish even under the most difficult circumstances. 

These pictures represent a sense of inspiration and peace from trees and all they stand for... No descriptions and images are presented in the order they were taken. Saturday was sunny, today, Sunday, was not. Saturday I didn't realize I brought the wrong lens until I got to my destination, hence not a lot of tree images were taken. Pictures that weren't tree related may show up in a miscellaneous post sometime soon.

Saturday, June 17th




Sunday, June 18th





































Last but not least, here's a tree from my patio table. This is a Fuji apple tree grown from seed, dedicated to a sweetheart of a kitty named, Timmy.


 This is the song that came up on my phone's playlist when I got home on Saturday. A lovely tune from a beautiful album.



1 comment:

  1. I agree that trees are peaceful and inspirational . I have often looked at oak trees here in New Orleans and wondered what they have witnesses and weathered in their 200-300 year lives. Oh, the stories they could tell ! Love this wr

    ReplyDelete