Thursday, November 24, 2022

Today's walk report: Thanksgiving-2022

 Happy Thanksgiving!

Docken and I walked and talked, both of us braving strong winds in our respective locales. Thank you Dockie!

Picture taking was not a breeze. Here's what I decided to share...

I'm pretty sure this is the same common raven I took pictures of on November 13th. However, today he wasn't nearly as cooperative.



After I followed the raven around for awhile and clearly realized he wasn't interested in my pursuit, I decided to put in a walk and then take the car up the hill to look for other flying things. The winds were so strong atop the hill that I struggled at one point to open my car door. Walking under tall trees did not seem like a great idea.

I'm also fairly certain that this common raven is one of the ravens, out of the two pairs of ravens, I photographed in the same location on October 23rd. I mis-ID'd those birds as crows in that post and have since corrected. I also visited these ravens on November 20th and gave them a bunch of dry cat food and cat treats. They intently watched me throwing it down, circling above me in the process. They were also busy chasing the same red-tailed hawk I saw today. After the cat food offer on the 20th I waited in my car for several minutes to see if they'd return to partake but I got bored and went home. Besides, I don't find the car to be the most comfortable seating engagement. 

This raven circled me several times.It came quite close. I had the feeling it recognized me. It's the cat food dude! The wind made photos especially difficult and on a couple of passes the bird was too close to effectively get into frame.


I didn't get great images of the hawk either, they too glide so much faster on the currents of the wind but here was the obvious tell that I was definitely dealing with the same hawk I saw on the 20th. It's the damage to the left wing, Sorry, pictures from the 20th weren't up to par for posting here.


That's all I got. Here's a Space Turkey to bid you farewell...







1 comment:

  1. I would be thrilled if I could take the kind of pics you consider barely passable ! Love the raven in flight pics. Happy Turkey Remnant Day ! — Anonymous Trey

    ReplyDelete