Sunday, August 8, 2021

Today's walk report: 080821

 Repeat performance from last Sunday, sans a black vulture.

I went out about the same time as the last walk report, did the same route. My mood was pensive. Music was random, on shuffle, from a playlist of 215 songs (20 hours and 11 minutes) and for the most part also reflected deep thought. I often contemplated white mice and the number 42.

These flowers are on the same cacti I took pictures of on July 24th. I thought they were done but nope.




 When I first arrived in male Calypte anna, Dusty's playground, I wondered where he was for a moment and then he shot right past me, chasing an intruder. After that he was unusually close to me for much of my short stay. Several times he came well within arms length of my head or body. It was the first time I felt he recognized me, the sound of my camera and the little imitation hummingbird noises I make. 

 Typical perch places...


Moving over to a few  Salvia microphylla 'Berzerkeley' plants, this is where Dusty was all over me... and the flowers.






Lots of butt shots...




I didn't wander around the garden much more after that. I thought about taking on the stairs and before excuses could commence their evil ways I pointed myself in that direction and started walking.

When I first had entered the main walkway to the garden and was a long way from these balloons (about 333 meters away) I thought... what are those people doing and why are they dressed like that?

Rock head.


Oh, it's Moo again.


Something to ponder: Do you know why there is no evidence of naturally occurring smallpox transmission anywhere in the world?


1 comment: