Sunday, June 27, 2021

Today's walk report: 062721

 I was hoping to find a balance between light and heat by arriving in the garden around 7:40 AM. It was 70ºf. In retrospect, I would have felt better off had I arrived around 6:20 with a temp of 63º. Sunrise is currently at 5:45 AM (PDT). Oh well, I just made a note of it now didn't I?

The garden was really quiet, too quiet. So I decided to get a little extra exercise and walk up the steps. THE STEPS. There's, I think, 8 billion steps. Anyway, I took but a few pictures and spent more time fudging with auto focus (AF) points and focusing zones on the camera than trying to find photo ops.

For the 1/2 hour plus I spent in the garden, this was the only hummingbird I saw. This is highly unusual. The tree is a desert willow.


This red tailed hawk surprised me as you can perhaps tell. I was also struggling up the steps when the bird popped into view. The first close shot I've had of a raptor recently and I blew it. This is what prompted me to review AF points.

Head is out of focus and...

This pair of mockingbirds hung out in this dead tree for quite awhile. Again, my focus is a little off.


That's it. Nada mas.



1 comment:

  1. Nice shots all in all. I hope it didn't get too hot out there this weekend. We've still got a good marine layer keeping temperatures down here.

    ReplyDelete