Sunday, April 4, 2021

Once Upon a Walk Report - Part Six

Easter Sunday, 2021 and I don't have a single bunny picture to share from the latest round of photo folder cleanup. Oh well. Last post I mentioned this was a relatively small folder and might not produce enough images for another OUaWR but I also stated "I don't suppose it matters much how many images are in a post." So, I'm going with that.

This folder went from 11/12/2015 up to 01/03/2016 and contained 3,300 images. I deleted 2,556 images. Also, I'll mention something... Some of what I keep has nothing to do with the quality of the photographs, sometimes I keep images which I would consider crappy pictures but the moment meant something to me. You probably won't see any of those because then I would have to explain. Anyway, here are some of the 744 pictures that survived round six.

This male Calypte anna hummingbird was poising by this banksia flower as though it were a trophy.


112615

He sure spent a lot of time with it.

 Male Calypte anna, chillin' on an agave.

122415

 Here's an immature male Calypte anna resting on a Calliandra californica shrub.

112615

Look at me... I'm a big boy!

 Lucy the cat resting peacefully on the bed, catching a few rays.

112815

 Another male Calypte anna hummingbird. These two shots were taken less than 1/2 a minute apart. I took a half step, turned slightly counter-clockwise and voila, very different lighting.

120515


Yes, there were a lot of hummingbird pictures in this folder. I'm pretty sure this is the male Selasphorus sasin (Allen's hummingbird) that I named Rusty, perhaps a short while before I named him (10 days?).

122615

More of the same bird. These shots were all taken with me inside the canopy of a coral gum tree (Eucalyptus torquata).

122715



Okay, Easter... Easter Bunny... let me look... This is one of my personal favorite pictures of all time. We happened upon this bunny just at the right moment, He. Looks. So. Busted.

072414

See you later, see you in 2016 actually for Part Seven.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you found a bunny pic somewhere. I remember that one. The bunnies have returned to my garden but they move too fast for me to catch one in a photo, especially as I'm not usually carrying my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very timely post. Just got to start visiting my mom in her room again today and she loves your hummingbird pics. That little dandy with the “ trophy” looks very pleased with himself !

    ReplyDelete