Sunday, June 23, 2019

Today's walk report: 062319


The Death of Spider-Man.

Okay, it's not Spider-Man but rather a generic representation of some sort of superhero character, probably designed with enough effort to avoid any copyright lawsuits. When I first noticed it, before looking with the visual assistance of a 300 mm lens, I thought it was a cluster of Mylar balloons. The second thought I had was, these things really need to be outlawed.









 We didn't seem to be finding much in the way of photo opportunities so after a shot or two of this male monarch butterfly we decided to walk to the west end of the campus and back (about 1 mile) just to get some exercise. On the return look what we found crashed near the main parking lot on the east side of the campus.


I pulled out my trusty penknife and he was history.


1 comment: