Monday, August 18, 2014

Today's walk report: 081814; Last weekend

Distracting myself from the pervasive moment, here's some stuff from the weekend of August 15-17.

The weather continues to aggravate with mid-upper 90ยบ temps. It needs to go away.

Friday, 081514...

An A.M. walk, not that it helped much, quickly moving into the heat of the day. Docken and I stopped to look at a morning 1/2 moon and circling white doves.

Hoverfly on a salvia twig.
Gulf fritillary or passion butterfly (Agraulis vanillae)
A honey bee tussles in the stamen of a cactus flower.

Exploring the depths.
Cruising about.
Exit stage right.
One more time?
Rufous Hummingbird (Selasphorus rufus), the conversation was with me. I hope I didn't say the wrong thing...

but perhaps I did...


Kalnachoe daigremontina.

Saturday... I don't remember what happened to Saturday.

Sunday, 081714...

Cooper's Hawk, Accipiter cooperii, in an olive tree.
Asclepias fascicularis.
Agraulis vanillae.
Another Selasphorus rufus, seemingly entertained by my presence.
Onto another distraction.

2 comments:

  1. The unknown succulent looks like it may be what's called "mother of thousands" or "mexican hat," properly classified as Kalnachoe daigremontina (or sometimes Bryophyllum daigremontianum). I hope the 2 of you are doing well despite the heat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes, Kalnachoe daigremontina. I believe there's a marker too--now that you mentioned the name.

      Delete