Thursday, July 17, 2014

Today's walk report: 071614, but not really.

Truth is, I'm several days late on this. Fortunately it's mostly pictures.

I ran into this butterfly again over the weekend. I had mis-identified this little lady before here as a  Cabbage white butterfly, Pieris rapae and was questioning if I hadn't seen both males and females in the past. Thing was I couldn't find another "white" in my 1st round Googling.

Further investigation, after these photos were taken, led me to
Pontia protodice, aka, Checkered White butterfly. I feel obligated in some sort of nitpicky way about ID'ing stuff I photograph for placement here and elsewhere on the Net, for example, here, but let it be known, it's my least favorite part of the program.

I don't believe I've ever seen a Checkered White before. If I have this is the 1st time I've paid attention. This lovely female was gracious enough to allow me time to pay considerable attention.









Other noteworthy pics from 071214...

Agraulis vanillae, aka, Gulf-Fritillary.


Succulent flowers, no ID.


Opuntia flowers.


As always, comments are welcomed. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment