Sunday, December 15, 2013

Today's walk report: 121513

Nooner.

Yesterday I got out late and reported today I was going to make up for that with a much earlier than normal walk time so I could get some decent photos. I accomplished 1/2 of that goal having left the house at 12:33 PM. On the photos I didn't fair so well. I also decided to lug a tripod. I don't have the lightest tripod and at 5 lb strapped across my back it was feeling a lot heavier in no time. The point of the tripod was to shoot a little video just as a test (testing too lugging around a tripod for over 7 km) and the best candidate for that was green lynx spider #1 and her babies. However... it was way too windy. If I had spent a lot more time than the 6 minutes I ended up spending I probably could have put something decent together. Realize too that about the only time the spiders move is when they are provoked. Most of the spider activity in this short sloppy edit is caused by me blowing on the spiders. They knew the difference between me blowing and the wind blowing. The audio track was intentionally removed.

Here's the link on YouTube, blogger refuses to recognize the URL. It's hardly worth watching but if you do go fullscreen. At least it's only 36 seconds

Before I got to the spiders, as I was approaching the garden, I saw these two red-tailed hawk circling above but unfortunately I was on a walkway between buildings and wasn't able to follow them for a closer shot.


I believe this is a Dark-eyed Junco.


Somebody with too much money making an offbeat approach toward Burbank airport.


Another failed effort following an American Kestrel from street lamp to street lamp never getting quite close enough before the final flyaway.


Music-wise I listened to King Crimson, Live in Mexico City recorded in 1996. It was so much fun I'm going to watch KC on DVD, Eyes Wide Open, 2003 for my evening's entertainment. The link isn't meant to be an advertisement for Amazon, I'm merely referencing the media.

Thanks for joining me on my walk today.

No comments:

Post a Comment