Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Today's walk report: 112713

Gobble, gobble...

No turkey here tomorrow... unless Lucy T. Cat gets some turkey baby food. I think there's a jar of that in the cupboard.

Another abbreviated walk today because I cranked on some housekeeping and yard work to get stuff done for the Thanksgiving weekend and to make the place nice for me and Lucy. Plus I still have some stuff to do before nightfall.

Me and Lucy, that's it, just the two of us this year. The first real family holiday since the mom passed in March. It brings everything forward again so maybe it's best I'm alone with my cat so my sorrow doesn't infect anyone.

The walk was a supermarket walk to pick up dessert for tomorrow. The menu is about to be called in for delivery today because I can't find anybody in this Valley who's open tomorrow. In Los Angeles you could. I've been doing this for 6 or 7 years now. Here's the menu...
  • Lemon Chicken
  • Shredded Pork with Brown Sauce
  • Orange Peel Beef
  • Combination Pan Fried Noodles
That's right, Chinese food for Thanksgiving. The dessert is homemade Dutch Apple Pie and Vanilla Ice Cream. Yep, it's homemade, as soon as I take it out of the box and put it in the oven.

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving. Thanks for joining me in my silliness here. I'm thankful that I have the gumption to override censoring myself and do this. It reinforces my walks in a very positive way, allows me to share, to feel closer to my own experiences and has been liberating on one than one occasion. Other times it's a pain in the ass, but that's okay, that makes it a discipline. I need some discipline.

Lucy says thanks too... meow.


No comments:

Post a Comment